PM+A thrives on problem solving with design decisions driven by the right combination of quality, innovation, economy and efficiency. As a full-service consulting and engineering firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.
ΡΜ+Α insists on design excellence, principal commitment, and outstanding services to clients. Our aim is to produce solutions that guarantee a comprehensive approach to the users’ needs, functional and technical requirements, energy efficiency and aesthetics.
High quality, inspiration, and sustainability are the main guidelines of the firm, while the use of cutting edge technology constantly upgrades the services to our clients. Innovation is part of the creative approach to the uniqueness of each project, bringing together the client’s objectives and the influences of the particular site.
The firm was founded by Petros Makridis, MArch in 1978, in Greece. The headquarters are in Thessaloniki, at 49 Antheon (Papandreou) St., 546 46. In 2007 Petros Makridis, MArch, Eleanna Makridou, MSc, MA and Thodoris Makridis, MSAUD, created the company P.Makridis + Associates S.A., with the distinctive title ΡΜ+Α.
The office organizational structure is developed in a way that ensures fulfillment of the highest technical and aesthetic standards throughout the design and completion of projects.
ΡΜ+Α has been honored with several awards and distinctions for the design solutions provided to its clients:
• The project “REDESIGNING OF THE SIGNAGE OF MEDITERRANEAN COSMOS COMMERCIAL CENTER” in collaboration with “beetroot design group” received an award at EBGE (greek design awards).
• The project “YMCA BUILDING – ASVESTOCHORI CHAPTER” was chosen in 2013 by the Greek Institute of Architects (EIA) as one of the top five architecture projects in Greece in the category “Community and Civic Projects” for the quinquennium 2009-2013.
• ΡΜ+Α was honored with the 1st prize award for [B]green architectural competition for showcasing sustainable building materialized in Greece, in 2011, for the project “ALIKI PERROTI STUDENT RESIDENCE”, “Perrotis College”, of the American Farm School.
• The project “CONVERSION AND REUSE OF A FORMERLY TOBACCO WAREHOUSE AS A LUXURY BOUTIQUE HOTEL LES LAZARISTES (5*)”, represented Greek Architecture in the World Congress of Architecture in the field of Tourism, Istanbul, 2005.
• ΡΜ+Α and Domotechniki S.A. were honored with “EUPALINOS” award by the Panhellenic Architects Union in 2005, for the outstanding cooperation between Architect and Contractor for the projects:
• The project titled “FUNCTIONAL, STRUCTURAL, AESTHETIC AND ENERGY EFFICIENT UPGRADING OF PAVILION 6 – CONNECTION WITH “I. VELLIDIS CONFERENCE CENTER OF THESSSALONIKI INTERNATIONAL FAIR”, commissioned by T.I.T.F. S.A., was selected by the Greek Institute of Architecture as one of the top fifteen architectural projects in Greece in the period 2000-2004.
• In 2000 the ACT “CLASSROOM AND OFFICE BUILDING“ represented Greek architecture in the Montpellier architecture exhibition.
Many of the firm`s projects have been published in architecture books and magazines, and have been presented at workshops, conferences and seminars.