15th International Architecture Exhibition, La Biennale Di Venezia, Pavilion Of Turkey Open Call
One of the world’s leading architectural events, International Architecture Exhibition of la Biennale di Venezia’s next edition will take place on 28 May – 27 November 2016. The coordinator of the Pavilion of Turkey, Istanbul Foundation for Culture and Arts is making a two-stage open call to choose the project to be exhibited in the pavilion. The deadline for the first stage applications is 23 October 2015.
The applications, open to all people and institutions working in relevant fields, including architects, designers, artists, historians, curators, theoreticians, and critics, will be evaluated through a two-stage process. The first stage calls for the applications to draft a conceptual framework for an exhibition in the Pavilion of Turkey. The proposals are expected to present a conceptual framework that is capable of discussing the contemporary discourses in the field of architecture on a local, regional, and global context through fresh ideas and explores the concepts on or beyond architecture through alternative interdisciplinary practices. The projects chosen for the second stage will be evaluated on their method, curatorial team, publications, and budget.
All applications must be submitted by email to the email@example.com by 18.00 on Friday, 23 October 2015. Detailed information on the terms of application can be found here.
The Selection Committee that will chose the project to be exhibited in the Pavilion of Turkey comprises
– Prof. Dr. Sibel Bozdogan (Kadir Has University, Faculty of Art and Design, Head of Architecture Department; Harvard Graduate School of Design, Lecturer)
– Levent Calikoglu (Director of Istanbul Modern Museum)
– Prof. Dr. Arzu Erdem (Abdullah Gül University, Dean of Faculty of Architecture)
– Prof. Dr. Murat Güvenc (Kadir Has University, Director of Istanbul Studies Centre; Kadir Has University, Faculty of Economic Administrative and Social Sciences, Political Science and Public Administration Lecturer)
– Yesim Hatirli (Founding Partner in Hatirli Architecture Co.Ltd; Member of Turkish Association of Architects in Private Practice, (TSMD); Middle East Technical University, Department of Architecture, Visiting Lecturer)
– Prof. Dr. Süha Ozkan (Founding President of International Union of Architects)
– Prof. Dr. Ugur Tanyeli (Bilgi University, Dean of Faculty of Architecture)
The allotment of 20 years (from 2014 to 2034) at Arsenale, one of the two main venues of the exhibition, allowed the Pavilion of Turkey to take part for the first time in 2014 in the International Architecture Exhibition, la Biennale di Venezia.
The 15th International Architecture Exhibition, la Biennale di Venezia will take place on 28 May – 27 November 2016 and the main exhibition will be curated by Alejandro Aravena.
Info & Dates:Organizers: The Istanbul Foundation for Culture and Arts
Registration Deadline: 28/10/2015 – 18:00Submission Deadline: 28/10/2015 – 18:00
Cover photo: Places of Memory, Turkey`s Pavilion at the Venice Biennale 2014